How to fix OneDrive not starting in Windows 10
If the OneDrive app doesn't start up in Windows 10, you can fix it pretty easily. Follow these steps to fix OneDrive not starting issue in Windows 10.
Fix OneDrive not starting in Windows 10
Follow the methods below one by one to fix OneDrive not starting error in Windows 10.
Restart your Windows 10 PC
This sounds very basic, but believe me, rebooting the system should fix a lot of the problems. If an app or process is blocking OneDrive from opening, restarting will fix the problem. So close all programs and restart Windows 10.
After restarting, try launching OneDrive. If the app launches as it should, then that's fine and you have successfully fixed the problem. If not, follow the next steps.
Make sure that OneDrive is not disabled on the group policy
If the group policy named "Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage" is enabled, it will prevent OneDrive from opening. So setting this policy to "Not configured" or "Disabled" will remove the restriction and allow you to use the OneDrive app.
1. Open the Run window . You can do that by pressing the Win + R keyboard shortcut .
2. Type gpedit.msc and click OK.
3. After opening the Group Policy Editor , go to Computer Configuration> Administrative Templates> Windows Components> OneDrive folder .
4. Double-click the Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage policy .
Double-click the Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage policy
5. Select the option Not configured or Disabled .
6. Click the Apply button > OK .
Click the Apply button> OK
7. Close the Group Policy Editor.
8. Restart Windows 10.
After restarting, try launching OneDrive. If group policy is the culprit, the OneDrive app will open normally.
Make sure that OneDrive is not disabled in Registry Editor
If there is a value called "DisableFileSyncNGSC" in Windows Registry Editor, it will block you from opening or using the OneDrive app. So you should change the value data or delete it. Here are the steps you need to follow.
1. Open the Start menu .
2. Type Registry Editor and press Enter to open Registry Editor .
3. Now, paste the path below in the Registry Editor's address bar and press Enter:
4. Double-click the "DisableFileSyncNGSC" value . You will find it on the right.
Double-click the "DisableFileSyncNGSC" value.
5. Enter 0 in the Value Data field .
6. Click OK to see the Value Data field .
Click OK to see the Value Data field
7. Close Registry Editor.
8. Restart Windows.
Note: If you cannot find the " DisableFileSyncNGSC "value, no change is required.
After restarting, try launching OneDrive. If the registry value is the culprit, the OneDrive app will open normally.
Even though OneDrive is built into Windows 10 and you can still uninstall it just like any other app. If OneDrive doesn't open, uninstalling and reinstalling the app should fix the problem. Before uninstalling OneDrive, make sure to back up any files that haven't been synced to the OneDrive cloud.
You can uninstall the OneDrive app from the Control Panel> Programs & Feature page or from the Settings> Apps> Apps & features page . After uninstalling OneDrive, follow the instructions on the linked page to reinstall OneDrive.
How to fix OneDrive sync problems on Windows 10
Fix OneDrive connection errors on Windows 10
How to add / remove Move to OneDrive context menu in Windows 10
How to delay starting OneDrive on Windows 10/8/7
Change the default OneDrive account and storage folder on Windows 10
- 5 tips Zalo secrets that we have not known for a while
- Good tips for built-in laptop speakers to help you extend device life while minimizing breakdowns
- Lenovo launches Yoga Slim 7i Carbon with a slim and light design, equipped with 13-inch QHD screen, 11th generation Intel Core i
- Apple has just released the watchOS 7.0.2 update, which significantly addresses the battery drain for Apple Watch users
- How to fix BSOD Memory Management error
Electronic Journal of Finance
Editorial: 4th Floor, Project Building, No.4, Hang Chuoi 1 Lane, Hai Ba Trung District, City. Hanoi
Tel: 024.39330038, 028.39300434
Only reissue information from this website with the consent in writing of Electronic Journal of Finance